Wow — these nursing bralettes are #27 on Amazon for women’s clothing — out of ALL clothing purchases. They are from a brand unfortunately named HOFISH — but they are super highly rated, with 452 reviews and 4.5 stars. Interesting. Ladies, have you tried them? They’re certainly affordable, as a three pack is $6.99- $25.99. HOFISH Seamless Nursing Bralette
Happy Monday, ladies! So many maternity dresses seem to be low-cut scoopnecks, and it can be really difficult to find something with a higher profile. This mock neck looks great — almost ’60s inspired — and I particularly like that it feels youthful without feeling girlish. It’s $89 at Nordstrom, available in sizes 2-14. Seraphine ‘Acadia’ Mock Neck Maternity Dress
Here’s a plus-size option.
Building a maternity wardrobe for work? Check out our page with more suggestions along both classic and trendy/seasonal lines.
- Whether or not you’re a teacher, if you’re always on your feet then Barking Dog Shoes‘ roundup of comfy and cute shoes for teachers might be helpful.
- Time looks at daycare inequality. Meanwhile, Alpha Mom answers a reader question about a child having problems at daycare.
- The New York Times looks at grandparents and their children’s need for childcare for their own kids: “[W]orking grandparents in the younger set are finding themselves caught between their own desires to take advantage of their empty nests and their adult millennial children who have different ideas about a grandparent’s role.”
- Live Science explain why there’s no such thing as a sugar high in kids.
- In The Washington Post’s On Parenting, Erin Silver looks into sports bras for younger girls.
- Meanwhile, Weelicious rounds up several cookbooks with healthy recipes.
- For your Laugh of the Week, Honora Talbott explains an amazing new product, the Work and Family Scale (YouTube).
Do be sure to check out the news update over at Corporette!
On Corporette Recently…
- The Hunt rounded up stylish comfort heels and Kat took a look at the Ann Taylor Friends & Family Sale.
- We shared some vacation packages for busy women.
- We talked about weekend prep for Monday and the week ahead.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!
I picked up this cozy cardigan during the NAS, and while it sold out quickly then, it’s so good I’m considering going back for more at full price. It’s super soft, machine washable, and less bathrobe-like than it’s shown online. Sure, you COULD wear it with leggings or jammies, but you could also wear it with jeans or another casual outfit to work. It’s $116 full price, available in six colors, sizes XS-XL — and there’s a plus-size version too. (Oh, and it has 216 almost-5-star reviews.) Barefoot Dreams ‘Circle’ Cardigan
Ladies: do you struggle with mommying your husband or partner? Do you fight against it? Does he? Has it added to the stress of keeping the romance alive — or is it just one more task on your to-do list? The “helpless man” stereotype has spawned a whole genre of TV ads like this one — but do you have some real-life examples to share? I’ve had a few wine-fueled conversations with girlfriends about this and have seen a few commenter threads over at Corporette (like here and here), as well as a few news stories that made me think about this, so I thought we’d discuss here.